Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Shallow baking tin or sheet (greased)
1 x Tin of Pear Halves (410g) approx. 5/6 halves
1 x Puff pastry - ready rolled (375g)
75g Marzipan (yellow or white)
Optional – flaked almonds, 50g Robins and Sons Milk or Dark Chocolate chips
Pre heat oven to 2000C / 400 0F / gas mark 6
1. Drain pears and reserve juice.
2. Divide the marzipan between the pear halves (usually 5/6 per tin).
3. Place a piece of marzipan in the hollow of each pear half and place the pear ‘core side down’ on the pastry sheet (so the marzipan cannot be seen).
4. Carefully unroll the pack of puff pastry and lay flat. Allowing approximately 2cm border, cut around the pear to create the tartlet.
5. Use clean fingers or the back of a teaspoon, to ‘knock-up’ the edges of the pastry, to produce a fluted edge.
6. Place tartlets on greased baking sheet. Brush the pastry edges with milk or beaten egg and baste the pear halves with the reserved pear juice.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and well risen.
8. Just before serving, baste the pear halves once again with the reserved juice and serve.