Simple and incredibly easy with just 5 ingredients, and no cooking involved!
This eye-catching, easy and delicious treat almost looks too good to eat. The mix of white chocolate, marshmallows, biscuit and berries results in a lovely mixture of textures and tastes - crunchy biscuit, soft 'squishy' marshmallow, creamy sweet chocolate and tart chewy cranberries and strawberries. However be warned, this is very moreish (I’d planned to leave a few pieces in an airtight container so I could estimate how long it would stay fresh, however it was all gone in 3 days......mostly eaten by me!!!
Makes 10 slices, or 20 square bites.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooling Time: 2-3 hours
17cm square baking tin
400g White Chocolate (good quality)
60g Chocolate covered biscuit fingers / batons
90g Sweetened dried cranberries
10g Dried strawberries
1. Cut marshmallows into quarters.
2. Cut the chocolate covered biscuit fingers into thirds.
3. Break the chocolate into small even size pieces, place in a plastic or microwave proof bowl. White chocolate can become ‘yellowy’ in colour if heated too vigorously, and hot spots can cause the chocolate to burn, so short bursts in the microwave, stirring in between, are preferable.
4. Microwave the chocolate on high for 30 seconds, remove and stir the pieces around (they'll still be solid at this point). Microwave on high for another 30 seconds, remove and stir, and then return to the microwave for 10 second bursts at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
5. Add the marshmallows, cranberries and biscuit finger pieces to the melted chocoalte, combine thoroughly.
6. Pour out into baking tray, roughly level out the mixture, top with dried strawberries.
7. Leave to set for 2/3 hours - will vary depending on ambient temperature, however refrigeration is not necessary.